There are many causes of household flooding including:
- Heavy rains
- Sewer back-up
- Malfunctioning sump-pump
- Burst pipes
- Storm Surges
You should always know what to do when your house floods.
Take care of problems early to reduce damage and speed up the repair process:
- Always Think With Safety First: Do things like turn off the power, wear protective clothing. Never eat food contaminated by flood water.
- Stoping and Removing Water: Make sure your sump pump is fully operational. If plumbing is needed, get that done immediately to stop further damage.
- Dry Out Your Home: Use dehumidifiers, portable fans and air dryers are always helpful. It keeps moisture content down and helps the dry out to prevent mold buildup.
- Call Your Insurance Company: Let them know what is going on, check on your policy. An adjuster might come out quickly, and in the meantime, document everything.
- Clean Up: You can call in a professional clean-up crew. This may involve determining what is salvageable and throwing away anything that is too damaged or no longer safe to use.
- Repairs: Get your home back to its pre-loss condition
We Can Help Getting You Back to Pre-Loss Condition in No Time
For us, our purpose has always been found in our service to others. There is nothing we value more highly than the opportunity to assist our customers in their time of need and help them get back to their normal lives as quickly as possible. No matter how large or small the issue is, our property restoration specialists are eager to assist you in any way we can!